Sharing A Little Of Our World Through Photography
Historic Route 66 - Page 2

The Kingman Powerhouse was placed in service in 1907 to generate electrical power for the city of Kingman. It was then named the Desert Power & Water Company Electric Power Plant.

It also supplied the area mines with power to operate their hoists and pumps. Completion of the Hoover Dam in 1938 pulled the plug on the local generating station.

Rescued by a group of concerned citizens, the old Powerhouse has been converted into a busy Visitors' Center and houses a number of other historic-centered organizations.

Calico's Restarant is a great place to eat at a convenient location right on historic Route 66. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served.

Great food, friendly service and a comfortable atmosphere. Menu includes steak, seafood, famous prime rib, vegetarian, low-carb and a great wine selection. Moderate pricing, sit down, upscale family restaurant.

Visit Calico's Website
Next Page Of Historic Route 66 Pictures
Historic Route 66 Photos - Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4

More Categories Of Kingman, Arizona Photos
Tell A Friend About Kingman Arizona Photos
Submit Your Photos 2011 All About Kingman LLC - Copyright Information General Inquiry Home Page